If you are stuck with a particular problem and would feel more confident about discussing the problem with fellow technicians, then visit www.tips4techs.co.uk. Tips4Techs has a number of forums that are run and maintained by technicians who work in schools.
The site has been running for about a year now and is already filling up with very useful topics of conversation. There are lots of forum areas to the site where you will be able to ask your question or perhaps find an existing answer.
Some of the forum areas include;
- Windows Networks – A forum for those running Microsoft Windows networks
- Linux - A forum for those running Linux based networks
- RM (Research Machines) – A forum for those running RM Windows based networks – CC 2&3
- Internet Technologies – A forum to discuss Internet and e-mail technologies
- Viglen Classlink – A Forum for those running Viglen Classlink
So whatever your problem – get some useful advice from Tips4techs.co.uk. The site members have a wide and varied experience that might just get you out of that server room.